Integrated Lift Solutions carry out the enabling works at Falcons Primary School
Integrated Lift Solutions were pleased to carry out the enabling works at Falcons Primary School.
Falcons primary school opened in October 2014 to reception and year one children in newly refurbished buildings at Gipsy Lane, Leicester.
The Sikh ethos school opened under the Governments Free Schools programme and offers places to children in Leicester from all backgrounds. In April 2017 the installation of a new lift began and Integrated Lift Solutions were asked to carry out the enabling works which included;
- Asbestos / refurb & demolition survey during school shutdown
- Building regs application including inspection fee & structural engineers details & calculations
- Electrical works associated with new lift installation
- Plumbing works associated with new lift installation
- Form aperture though timber floor & trim out roof timbers to engineer’s details including installation of steelwork
- Form aperture through ceiling of ground floor which was previously acting as a single storey roof
- Intrusive work including propping of existing air handling unit during school shutdown
- Cut back existing brickwork reveals including installation of lintels
- Removal of existing ceiling
- Carefully remove existing linings to both reveals to accommodate new lift entrances
- Infill between new architraves and existing shaft walls in timber stud work clad with 15mm fireline board
- Fix medium density fibreboard linings to cover gap between new frame and existing finishes
- Fix skirting and architraves to match existing
- Make good to existing suspended ceiling utilising existing ceiling tiles
- Decorations comprising of mist coat and 1 coats of emulsion to new plaster, and stain to woodwork to match existing
- Make good to floor coverings to match existing or replace with contrasting colour
For more information on Building Services for the Lift Industry, call 01484 303204 or complete our free survey form below.